Celebrate Diwali with a FREE evening of dance, music and performance in Luton on 26th October 2019, supported by Luton Business Improvement District (BID).
Diwali, known as the Hindu ‘Festival of Lights’ will take place in St George’s Square on Saturday, 26th October - with back to back entertainment from 12noon to 7.30pm.
The Diwali parade will start at 6pm at Market Hill, weave its way down George Street and will finish at St George’s Square at around 7pm.
This will be followed by a dramatic fireworks display from the rooftop of The Mall shopping centre.
Here is the rest of the line-up:
• 12noon: Tommy Sandhu, Asian radio DJ, will open the show
• 1.30 and 3.30pm: Rhythm Arts & Dance Academy, a folk and tribal dance academy
• 2.15pm: Dance company, Om Stars Academy, who have performed for both the England Cricket team and the Indian Prime Minister
• 2.30pm: Join BhangraBlaze – a fusion of fitness with bhangra
• 2.45pm: Jamilah, who was on X Factor 2008 as part of girl group ‘Desire’, will be on stage
• 3.30pm Soni’s School of Garba Dance, an award winning Garna Dance group
• 4pm: Dhol Bhangra Smash Up, a fusion of mainstream western sounds with traditional bhangra beats, using the Indian dhol and dholak
• 4.30pm: JIYA, a fusion of Hindi and English music
• 5.30pm: Navin Kundra, a talented singer-songwriter who combines Eastern and Western influences
- Saturday, October 26, 2019
St Georges Square
Other Family Friendly Events
20th Jan - 30th Apr 2020
Theodor Kern: Portraits
A new display of Theodor Kern’s oil paintings.
Tue 18th Feb 2020
British Wildlife Photography Awards Exhibition
A photography exhibition celebrating the British wildlife in 2019.